Contributed by: ACT Staff
TOP 10 REASONS TO BE EXCITED ABOUT THE ACT INTERNATIONAL‘’500”(over the next four weeks leading up to the ‘500’ weekend there will be two or three ‘top ten’ reasons to be excited about this event---check back often over the next few weeks and you too will catch the ‘500 Fever’ ----)
# 8 in the TOP 10 Reasons to be excited about the ACT International 500
The anatomy of putting together a major event promotion like the ‘ACT International 500’ on July 20-21 this summer begins with putting numbers together.
· What is the cost to do this kind of event?
· How much can you expect fans to pay?
· What will be a great financial draw for race teams?
· What kind of realistic projection can you expect for attendance on both the grandstand side and pit side?
· What other prices are you competing with in the market for similar racing or other sporting events?
You get the idea. The research shows that putting on big short track events is financially pretty high risk---but the business of short track is all about risk and reward. It is also about balancing costs and revenues for fans and competitors, hopefully with a reasonable profit at the end of the promotion. After all, short tracks are a business, and to stay in business, I am sure you all know that businesses have to make a profit!