Contributed by: Admin
Kyle Botala Wins 32nd M&M Beverage Enduro
Davis Inherits Win in Street Stock Special
Grand Isle’s Kyle Botala outlasted a field of 114 cars to win the 32nd Annual M&M Beverage Enduro at Barre’s Thunder Road on Sunday, August 7.
Botala, one of four members of his family in the field, was running second to Joshua Muir on lap 169 of the 200-lap event when Muir suddenly went to pit road, handing Botala a one lap lead over former Late Model driver Jeff Spooner. Although Spooner was able to unlap himself just past the 180-lap mark, he was involved in an incident shortly after, allowing Botala to cruise to the $3,000 payday.
Despite the late incident and a subsequent pit stop, Spooner managed to finish second, five laps behind Botala. Former Street Stock driver Donny Yates took third, followed by Nathan Lafont and Matt Raboin. Andy Hill, Dennis Perry II, Robert Lalancette, Muir, and Brandon Lawrence completed the top-10. A complete finish will be released shortly at www.thunderroadspeedbowl.com.
The event was a typical rough-and-tumble affair, with five red flags highlighted by a trio of rollovers. East Barre’s Randy Johnson earned the honors of the first flip with a barrel-roll in turn one just past the 50-lap mark. Sturat Brown also was upended in turn one shortly after, while Jon Easterday completed the trifecta with a tumble off turn three just outside the 20-to-go mark.
Defending Allen Lumber Street Stock Champion Jamie Davis of Wolcott went a long way towards salvaging a tough season with a victory in the Brian Perry and Sons Construction 50-lap Street Stock Special. Davis crossed the finish line second behind Kevin Streeter, but inherited the victory after Streeter was disqualified due to an illegal intake.
Essex Jct.’s Matthew Smith inherited second, followed by Alan Maynard in third. Jamon Perry edged Garry Bashaw for fourth, with the results unofficially leaving the two tied atop the point standings. Jaden Perry, Will Hennequin, Thomas Merchant, Reilly Lanphear, and Thomas Chamberlin rounded out the top-10.
The Street Stock Special also saw a number of hard crashes and incidents, with less than half of the starting field running at the finish. New Hampshire invader Jarred Ainsworth led the highlights when he found himself upside down in turn four just following a lap-13 restart. Later in the event, Bunker Hodgdon – who himself rolled down the frontstretch just three days prior – pounded the turn one wall while fighting for a podium spot, and was subsequently T-boned by Gary Mullen.
Thunder Road action continues this Thursday, August 11 with Cody Chevrolet Night, featuring Twin 50s for the Bond Auto Tiger Sportsmen. The Thunder Road Late Models and Allen Lumber Street Stocks will also be in action. Admission is $12 for adults, $3 for kids ages 6-12, and $25 for a family of four (2 adults, 2 kids).
M&M BEVERAGE ENDURO 200
Pos., Driver, Car #, Hometown, Laps
1. Kyle Botala ( 25 ) Grand Isle, VT, 200 Laps
2. Jeff Spooner ( 10 ) Essex, VT, 195 Laps
3. Donny Yates ( 05 ), N. Montpelier, VT, 194 Laps
4. Nathan Lafont ( 31 ) Orange, VT, 193 Laps
5. Matt Raboin ( 87 ) Newport, VT, 190 Laps
6. Andy Hill ( 383 ) Waterford, VT, 189 Laps
7. Dennis Perry II ( 18 ) E. Corinth, VT, 184 Laps
8. Robert Lalancette ( 02 ) Fairfax, VT, 183 Laps
9. Joshua Muir ( 107 ), Milton, VT, 183 Laps
10. Brandon Lawrence ( 123 ) Plainfield, VT, 179 Laps
FULL RESULTS TO BE POSTED AT WWW.THUNDERROADSPEEDBOWL.COM
ALLEN LUMBER STREET STOCKS
BRIAN PERRY & SONS CONSTRUCTION STREET STOCK SPECIAL
Pos., Driver, Car #, Hometown
1. Jamie Davis ( 43 ) Wolcott, VT
2. Matthew Smith ( 04 ) Essex Jct., VT
3. Alan Maynard ( 10 ) Fairfax, VT
4. Jamon Perry ( 62 ) Hardwick, VT
5. Garry Bashaw ( 4 ) Lincoln, VT
6. Jaden Perry ( 92 ) Hardwick, VT
7. William Hennequin ( 47 ) Hardwick, VT
8. Thomas Merchant ( 38 ) Eden Mills, VT
9. Reilly Lanphear ( 21 ) Duxbury, VT
10. Thomas Chamberlin ( 66 ) Johnson, VT
11. #Brandon Lanphear ( 11 ) Morrisville, VT
12. #Kelsea Woodard ( 55 ) Waterbury Ctr., VT
13. Jennifer Getty ( 25 ) Cambridge, VT
14. Peter Burt, Jr. ( 82 ) Johnson, VT
15. Michael Gay ( 3 ) So. Burlington, VT
16. Bunker Hodgdon lll ( 83 ) Hardwick, VT
17. Gary Mullen ( 29 ) Tunbridge, VT
18. #Cooper Bouchard ( 7 ) Hinesburg, VT
19. #Peyton Lanphear ( 22 ) Duxbury, VT
20. #Joshua Poirier ( 15 ) Enosburg Falls, VT
21. Greg Collette ( 33 ) Milton, VT
22. Kelly Miller, Jr. ( 0 ) Johnson, VT
23. Richard Gravel ( 68 ) Wolcott, VT
24. Justin Town ( 53 ) Barre Town, VT
25. Tom Campbell ( 85 ) Middlesex, VT
26. Jarred Ainsworth ( 41 ) Bethlehem, NH
27. Kyle Gravel ( 98 ) Wolcott, VT
28. Kelly Miller, Sr. ( 01 ) Johnson, VT
DSQ Kevin Streeter ( 67 ) Waitsfield, VT