Contributed by: Admin
VP Racing Fuels Vermont Governor’s Cup Feature Postponed By Rain
Heavy thunderstorms forced the postponement of the Thunder Road Late Models Governor’s Cup on VP Racing Night. The 30-car field was lined up for introductions when rain swept through the area. The makeup date for the 150-lap feature has yet to be determined.
Before the rains came, Mike Martin of Craftsbury Common claimed his second win in three outings in the Bond Auto Tiger Sportsmen Twin 25s. Martin won the second segment after finishing fifth place in the first 25-lap race, edging Stephen Donahue of Graniteville by one point in the combined standings.
Brendan Moodie of Wolcott, Jason Woodard of Waterbury Ctr., and Eric Johnson ( 20 ) Randolph Ctr. completed the top five.
William Henniquin of Hardwick earned his first Allen Street Stocks feature victory of the season, and the 10th of his career. Rookie Brandon Lanphear of Morrisville continued his impressive season with a runnerup finish, his fourth top 5 finish in nine starts.
Jamon Perry of Hardwick was third, rookie Cooper Bouchard of Hinesburg was fourth, and last week’s winner, Tyler Austin of E. Calais, came home in fifth. Thomas Merchant of Eden Mills, Alan Maynard of Fairfax, Matthew Smith of Essex Jct., Gary Mullen of Tunbridge, and Reilly Lanphear of Duxbury rounded out the top 10 in the 23-car field for the main event.
Racing action returns to Thunder Road on Thursday, July 21 for Fairpoint Communications Night. The event features a full card of action for the Thunder Road Late Models, Bond Auto Tiger Sportsmen, and Allen Lumber Street Stocks. Post time is 7:00 p.m. Admission is $12 for adults, $3 for kids ages 6-12, and $25 for a family of four (2 adults, 2 kids).
Pos., Driver, Car #, Hometown
1. Mike Martin ( 01 ) Craftsbury Common, VT
2. Stephen Donahue ( 26 ) Graniteville, VT
3. Brendan Moodie ( 94 ) Wolcott, VT
4. Jason Woodard ( 68 ) Waterbury Ctr., VT
5. Eric Johnson ( 20 ) Randolph Ctr, VT
6. Thomas Smith ( 50 ) Williamstown, VT
7. Cameron Ouellette ( 90 ) Barre, VT
8. Mark Barnier ( 0 ) Essex Jct., VT
9. Joe Steffen ( 00 ) Grand Isle, VT
10. Mike Billado ( 8 ) Essex, VT
11. #Kevin Dodge ( 88 ) Barre, VT
12. Colby Bourgeois ( 82 ) St. Johnsbury, VT
13. Blair Bessett ( 55 ) Danville, VT
14. #Sid Sweet, Jr. ( 51 ) Williamstown, VT
15. Doug Crowningshield ( 14 ) Barre, VT
ALLEN LUMBER STREET STOCKS
Pos., Driver, Car #, Hometown
1. William Hennequin ( 47 ) Hardwick, VT
2. #Brandon Lanphear ( 11 ) Morrisville, VT
3. Jamon Perry ( 62 ) Hardwick, VT
4. #Cooper Bouchard ( 7 ) Hinesburg, VT
5. Tyler Austin ( 5 ) E. Calais, VT
6. Thomas Merchant ( 38 ) Eden Mills, VT
7. Alan Maynard ( 10 ) Fairfax, VT
8. Matthew Smith ( 04 ) Essex Jct., VT
9. Gary Mullen ( 29 ) Tunbridge, VT
10. Reilly Lanphear ( 21 ) Duxbury, VT
11. Kevin Streeter ( 67 ) Waitsfield, VT
12. Bunker Hodgdon lll ( 83 ) Hardwick, VT
13. Kyle Gravel ( 98 ) Wolcott, VT
14. Michael Gay ( 3 ) So. Burlington, VT
15. Garry Bashaw ( 4 ) Lincoln, VT
16. Jennifer Getty ( 25 ) Cambridge, VT
17. Jaden Perry ( 92 ) Hardwick, VT
18. #Kelsea Woodard ( 55 ) Waterbury Ctr., VT
19. Richard Gravel ( 68 ) Wolcott, VT
20. #Joshua Poirier ( 15 ) Enosburg Falls, VT
21. Keith Fortier ( 35 ) Hinesburg, VT
22. Jamie Davis ( 43 ) Wolcott, VT
23. #Peyton Lanphear ( 22 ) Duxbury, VT