Contributed by: ACT Staff
50th Milk Bowl Postponed
A powerful rainstorm swept through the region on Sunday, September 30th and forced the postponement of the 50th Annual People’s United Bank Milk Bowl. The season-ending event, which has posted record awards of over $160,000 will run on Sunday, October 14th with a post time of 1:00pm.
Two-time Thunder Road Champion David Pembroke will try to take a crack at the $50,000 bonus for winning all three segments from the Booth Brother’s Pole Position that he earned through time trials on Saturday. 2011 Milk Bowl Champion Brian Hoar will duel him from the outside of the front row, followed by 2012 King of the Road Nick Sweet, Maine star Austin Theriault, and multi-time Thunder Road Champion Cris Michaud. Barre’s own Cody Blake will roll off sixth, North Haverhill, NH’s Travis Fadden seventh, and Joey Polewarczyk, Jr., Trampas Demers, and Brooks Clark will round out the top ten.
The Bond Auto Tiger Sportsmen will settle their tight Championship finale as second place point man Bobby Therrien sent a message to his competitors with a first segment win He, along with second place finisher Jason Allen, point leader Brendan Moodie, Jr. who finished third, and fourth-place finisher Shawn Fleury, will have to make their way from the rear of the field to settle the Tiger Championship.
Hardwick’s Bunker Hodgdon will have to start last in segment 2 of the Allen Lumber Street Stock “Mini Milk Bowl” after picking up the victory in the first segment. Lincoln’s Gary Bashaw, Morrisville’s Jamie Davis, and teammates Ben Belanger and Nick Pilotte will duel Hodgdon for the overall win starting in the back after completing the top five in segment 1.
The 50th People’s United Bank Milk Bowl, along with Mini Milk Bowls for the Bond Auto Tiger Sportsmen and Allen Lumber Street Stocks, and the Reserve Milk Bowl for Late Models will roll off at 1:00pm on Sunday, October 14.
50th People’s United Bank Milk Bowl Segment #1 Line-up
Thunder Road Int’l Speedbowl – Barre, VT
Sunday, September 30, 2012
Pos. Car # Driver Hometown
1. 44VT Dave Pembroke Middlesex, VT
2. 37VT Brian Hoar Williston, VT
3. 88VT Nick Sweet Barre, VT
4. 57ME Austin Theriault Fort Kent, ME
5. 6VT Cris Michaud E. Montpelier, VT
6. 99VT Cody Blake Barre, VT
7. 16NH Travis Fadden North Haverhill, NH
8. 97NH Joey Polewarczyk Jr. Hudson, NH
9. 85VT Trampas Demers South Burlington, VT
10. 68VT Brooks Clark Fayston, VT
11. 7ME Glen Luce Turner, ME
12. 26VT John Donahue Graniteville, VT
13. 78NH Quinten Welch Lancaster, NH
14. 9VT Chip Grenier Graniteville, VT
15. 58VT #Jimmy Hebert Williamstown, VT
16. 10NH Stacy Cahoon St. Johnsbury, VT
17. 89VT Scott Payea Milton, VT
18. 91QC Patrick Laperle St-Denis, QC
19. 88ME Jeff Taylor Farmington, ME
20. 31NH Luke Hinkley Claremont, NH
21. 55VT Brent Dragon Milton, VT
22. 27NH Wayne Helliwell Jr. Dover, NH
23. 51ME Ricky Rolfe Albany Twp, ME
24. 81VT Grant Folsom Waitsfield, VT
25. 41VT Jamie Aube No. Ferrisburg, VT
26. 14VT Phil Scott Berlin, VT
27. 40VT Eric Chase Milton, VT
28. 00VT Mike Bailey South Barre, VT
29. 17RI Ray Parent Tiverton, RI
30. 32VT Jean-Paul Cyr Milton, VT