Contributed by: ACT Staff
2011 Allen Lumber Street Stock Championship Season Review
Greg Adams, Jr. – Hardwick, VT
#38 Adams Racing Dodge Daytona
· Greg earned his first career Allen Lumber Street Stock Championship at Thunder Road in just his sixth season in the division (2006-2011).
· Greg brought his total career wins to five with three in 2011.
· He is tied for 16th on the all-time Street Stock wins list with 5.
· Greg’s first win of his career came in 2006. His second came in a 50-lap special event in 2008.
· Greg earned back-to-back wins in August before winning on Labor Day to take three wins in six events during 2011.
· Greg is the eighth driver with three or more wins during his championship season in the 25 seasons of the Street Stock division.
· He has finished in the top ten in the final standings in each of the past five seasons.
· He has now won the Street Stock Special during the M&M Beverage Enduro event twice (2008, 2011).
· Greg is just the third driver in the past 13 seasons to win the Street Stock Special and the championship in the same season.
· He is just the second driver in Street Stock history to win back-to-back feature events during his championship season. The other was Jason Gibbs in 1994.
· Greg led the Street Stocks with the most top tens (16) during the 18 events in 2011.
· He also had the best average finish in 2011 with 6.53.